Saturday, September 24, 2011

5k Foam Fest


I tried a different kind of 5k. It was a "foam fest" in Ogden. I think the following videos speak for themselves. The first two miles were up a big hill in 85 degree heat. Then we went down the hill and through a dozen or so "obstacles".

This first video is going through a "car wash". They told us not to breathe the bubbles. Tammy and I talked earlier about how the bubbles stick, she called it surfactant. Well, if you breathe them in, they definitely stick to your lungs. You were supposed to slide through this thing. I got half way through it and stopped sliding. So I am huffing and puffing bubbles, with no oxygen in sight. I climbed through this thing for maybe 30 seconds without being able to breathe any air in. I was not amused. I think my body language speaks for itself.



(New author) I tried to wash off the bubbles in the sprinkler, they were stinging my eyes and I couldn't breathe because my lungs were full of them. The sprinklers didn't help much! The next plastic thing I couldn't figure out what to do with it, so I just walked over it - the "Slip-N-Slide".

Another obstacle was the "tire bridge". I had to wait in line about 5 mins before I could start on this one. That was not enough time to get re-energized or to rest. It also was not enough time to figure out the best way to cross the Ogden River! By the end of the tires, I think I figured out the best way.



(I can't get the end to post here, so read it in the next post.)








1 comment:

  1. That was hilarious. I wish I could have been there to see it in person. Ben and I had a good laugh about the slip-n-slide!

    ReplyDelete